[Vision2020] Stout Not Wrong n Union Support / Police Union StandNot a Conflict

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon May 22 20:27:40 PDT 2006

OK.

When police officers are approachable, locals are not so shy about reporting
crimes and police officers become familiar with a neighborhood's various
idiosyncrasies.

Any time a neighborhood establishes a tight rapport with its police
department, the only thing that can result is beneficial to the
neighborhood.  Certainly you understand that.  Familiarity breeds awareness.

Question:  What are the "negatives" you foresee if a police union is
created?  Please explain what you mean by a "fatter" union

If anybody else would like to chime in, please do.

This is an EXTREMELY important issue when it comes to our community.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown