[Vision2020] When Moscow Doubles - What do want

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Mon May 22 12:48:57 PDT 2006

On 5/22/06 8:06 AM, "Art Deco" <deco at moscow.com> wrote:

> Very simply put:  There are two questions one should try to answer when
> deciding upon a growth philosophy and/or a particular growth proposal:
>
> 1.    Will such promote the kind of community in which I wish to live?
> 2.    When all is said and done, what is the real cost/benefit expectations
> of such to my family and the community?

I've been thinking about my demographics post. If Moscow were to grow with
baby boom retirees, folks who moved here with both cash to buy a house and a
decent retirement income, it might make Moscow very much what I (as a baby
boom caboose) would like. Especially  if they would move into a neat, dense,
mixed use neighborhood on the former railroad lines between downtown and
University.

While I would only recruit liberal retirees to join Moscow, Keely might be
concerned that they might not be eager to vote for new levies for schools.
What other costs/benefits are there to be examined?