[Vision2020] Re: Debi Smith: Another enemy of the firstammendment.....

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 05:12:05 PDT 2006

You're saying this implicates Grisham's First Amendment rights?  Really?  Of
course you didn't answer my question, did you?  I didn't talk about lobbying
against reading Grisham, just my own choice not to read him.  How do you
answer my question without changing it?

Tony, I can only assume you don't understand the concept of the First
Amendment, or that of censorship.

No one is trying to prevent you from posting to Vision 2020, despite your
profane post about Scott.  You might notice that pretty much everyone else
posts without using the language you used in that post.  Over the years
there have been discussions about different ways to block certain people
from posting, and in the end that hasn't happened.

You are not being censored.  People who think you have nothing to offer are
choosing not to look at your posts.  This choice has nothing to do with your
First Amendment rights, no matter how loudly or often you say it.  There's a
difference.

Keep up the posts like your recent one about Scott and I'll bet the number
of people who put you on their Bozo lists will grow.

So there's no confusion, I am posting this to the listserve, as my question
was posted there, and you have not indicated that your email to me was
intended to be off-list.  Further, it certainly does not appear to me to be
intended to be off-list.

Sunil