[Vision2020] Crabtree's Breach Of Trust Serious Ethical Fault

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat May 20 14:45:25 PDT 2006

Crabtree et. al.

I'm not sure if anyone else has expressed on Vision2020 the assessment I
make below, but either way, it needs to be said:

You took a private e-mail, clearly labeled to remain private, and foisted it
upon this public list, with full deliberation.  It is an unwritten rule on
Vision2020 to not deliberately take private e-mail and post it to the list.
And in general, in private discussions between two people, in many cases,
when discussion gets heated, there are often things said that both parties
know are not meant to be made public.  And if someone uses a private
statement made in this situation to slam someone publicly, it amounts to
back stabbing.

What was privately between you and Joe should have remained between you and
Joe.  If you really believed there was a serious threat, which is doubtful
in the extreme, you could have taken your case privately to law enforcement,
who probably would have just laughed (silently to themselves, of course.)

I regard your breach of the trust that is extended on Vision2020 to not make
private e-mail public to be a far more serious ethical fault than any
statement Joe made.

You have not seized any moral high ground, despite what Scott Dredge so
blithely asserted.  In fact, I would caution anyone who subscribes to
Vision2020 to not send you private e-mail unless they can accept the e-mail
ending up on this public list.

Ted Moffett