[Vision2020] Re: Youth Ministry?

Taro Tanaka taro_tanaka at hotmail.com
Sat May 20 02:17:47 PDT 2006

I get the distinct impression that the post was intended to be nothing more
or less than a sardonic commentary on the self-deceptions that some immature
Christians engage in.* Some youths feel a stirring in their loins and
realize they're in love; other youths discover they're suddenly on fire for
Christ as regards the sharing of the gospel with a particular young woman or
group of atractive young women. Hormones happen, and it is the job of older
and wiser Christians to let the would-be Charles Haddon Spurgeon of the
dance floor know they are on to him. I don't think the post was intended as
a celebration of the fringe benefits that come with being a minister of the
gospel, Jimmy Swaggart notwithstanding.

-- Prince McPauper

* N.B. There is a corresponding phenomenon among non-Christians. For
example, some people interpret, without exception, every little thing that
their enemies do in the worst possible light and then run to post about what
they perceive as the latest travesty on their favorite "bashing e-list,"
fully convinced the whole time of their own righteousness and purity of
motives. It is all part of growing up and being a scion of Adam.