[Vision2020] thin skinned?

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Fri May 19 17:51:56 PDT 2006

I would like to meet Gary. Mostly, I find his discourse reasonable and interesting, even when I
totally disagree with his views and opinions. I finally, just before he left us, had the opportunity
to meet Phil Nesbit. It is gratifying to know that one can enjoy the company of people whose
opinions one despises. Phil was a great guy, able to disagree amicably. Gary, I believe, is cut
from that same cloth.

I truly think we are all in the same boat---how you float it (and the design) might be different,
but we MUST get along by allowing others to be who they are, think what they think, and so
long as we are all willing to listen we can all gain.

(Before some of the v2020 trolls start on their perpetual provoking, due to that last sweetness
and light statement, I also firmly believe there are those who are so outside the pale that their
in-put is just not usefull.  Counterproductive and/or criminal behavior are not accepted as part
of  furthering a culture .....yes, I know, stop looking over my shoulder and saying I mean
FATHERING---I emphatically do not!).

 If we, as humans, choose to be *up-lifted* we must synthesize what it means to be human.

 Our planet is too small for the petty bickering ( fun as it may be) to continue to distract us. I
am inerested in what we, together can do to keep the Palouse a wonderful place.....
Debi R-S

>From Scott:
I would probably get along fine with both Joe and Gary.  I'd like to meet both of them (albeit
separately) in the near future.  Joe was wrong.  He apologized three times in his response.
Gary supposedly baits Joe and Joe has now filtered him out.  This is a good strategy.  I had
never filtered out anyone on v2020 until this week when I hit the filter button on ToeKneeTime.
It works great.  Now I have the luxury of reading Chasuk's and Sunil's responses (which are
very good) to ToeKneeTime's absurd comments such as those on  1st amendment rights
which he clearly does not - at least yet - grasp.

-Scott