[Vision2020] Re: [] crossing the line; V2020 Ghetto of the Palouse

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 14:31:56 PDT 2006

Yes, Ted.

 The light rail is a good idea. However, it did not  get much commentary did it? If you want it to get comments and have any  life on this list, it has to be dramatic, inaccurate, belittle no less  than two people, and perhaps contain a physical threat. It is also good  to make an added twist of putting yourself as a hero of some kind, like  I saved the world, when I was. . ." fill in the blank", what do you do,  Fill in Blank? Followed shortly after by another  insult.

  Vision 2020 is the Ghetto of the Palouse. This is the only place where  a Priestess attacks four men, a Professor threatens to punch a  shopkeeper in the nose, a local published author threatens to kick  someone in the groin when they come back into town, and lawyer makes  public mockery of a man's masculinity--That all in just one evening.  That doesn't sound like Mr. Roger's neighborhood to me Ted, it might to  you, but to me, it sounds like a the Ghetto of the Palouse. Nobody else  I know behaves this way in the Moscow or all of Latah that I know.

  Best Regards,

  _DJA

Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com> wrote:  Donovan wrote:

Vision  2020 is now just a pointless listserve for people with big mouths and  little brains to express disgust in others that differ from them. Too  bad, it could have been something special. Now it is just the Ghetto of  the Palouse.

Best Regards,

_DJA

  Ever thought of writing for the soaps, Donovan?  This is so dramatic and overwrought, I feel a tear coming on...

  Now  how does the excellent suggestion/proposal for light rail between  Pullman/Moscow that came from Jerry Weitz yesterday make Vision2020  "the Ghetto of the Palouse?"

  I recall  that you have ideas on improving transportation/traffic on the  Palouse... why not post on these issues and problems instead  of slamming/damning the list?

  Ted Moffett