[Vision2020] thin skinned?

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 21:12:02 PDT 2006

I went through the entire thread again, but I didn't take offense to anything Gary wrote and I'm surprised that Joe did.  I simply narrowed the scope of my questioning back to Gary and he responded directly to my question and then clarified his position which was on complications with polygamous marriages.  Truthfully, I just wanted to focus on substantive parts of the topic and off of the generalized "weak argument" (my fault for throwing this into the mix) and "blowing in the wind" statements.  Joe, I think you misinterpreted Gary's post.  Or maybe Gary insulted me too and I just missed it.  In any event, I appreciate Gary's exchange on this topic.

-Scott

"g. crabtree" <jampot at adelphia.net> wrote: Joe, I am sure that you would have preferred to keep this communication on
the down low, but I really thought that some of our friends on the Vision
would enjoy getting to see a different side of our mild mannered, oh so
reasonable, philosophy professor, the esteemed Dr. Joseph Campbell. If this
is in bad form or a breach of net etiquette, I'll try to deal with the
sorrow.

The Declaration states that "Natures God" entitles us to hold  some truths
to be self evident and that we are endowed by our Creator with certain
unalienable rights. Nowhere does it state that I have to be personally
acquainted with anyone seeking to exercise the aforementioned truths and
rights. If it did, they wouldn't be self-evident and unalienable now would
they? Also the Declaration was a document between the original thirteen
colonies and the monarch of Great Briton and as such has precious little to
do with current law, making your original argument just that much more
awkward.

As to your ridiculous threat to come to my place of employment and do great
physical harm to my poor proboscis, a protuberance which has done you
absolutely no injustice, might I suggest that you reconsider this extremely
poorly thought out scheme? I feel sure that there would be regrets in the
aftermath. After all, since when has "not knowing what one is talking about"
on this forum been a valid rationale for violence? If after giving this
matter some serious further thought you still feel that this course of
action is wise and the only way to salve your "sacred Honor" so be it. I'm
easy to find, tough guy.

G. Crabtree