[Vision2020] Re: David Horowitz [A gift to Ed] Was: A sad day in IDAHO

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Thu May 18 07:08:09 PDT 2006

Let me know what it is that you do for a living, Ed, so that I can make fun of your occupation, too. Only kidding! I comment on statements and arguments, not people or their jobs.

Again, what "special rights"? How is the right to marry the adult person of your choice a "special" right for gays but not a "special" right for you? Given your argument below, you'd have to say that freedom from slavery was a "special" right for African Americans, since it was limited to their "group" only. I guess you'd also say that freedom from slavery mocked the traditional definition of "freedom," which applied to white males only. With "logical" arguments like this, who needs illogical ones!

I feel pretty confident that the sanctity of my marriage will remain in tact if we widen the practice to include everyone. I do not see how whom you or anyone else marries could have anything to do with my marriage.

Pointing out that gays and lesbians have made significant contributions to world history is not an "agenda." It is just trying to get history right so that little boys and girls do not grow up thinking that "homosexuals" are abnormal and realize that they just happen to have a different sexual orientation than many of the rest of us. We lock kids up in school for hours every day, so we might as well educate them! You are in favor of education, right? Keep in mind, too, that this particular example pertains to one of 50 states only. That is hardly an agenda.

I know and you know that the term "men" was used to refer to human beings in general. That is the literal meaning, as it was used at the time the passage was written.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Ed <ecooper at turbonet.com> wrote:

Joe,

The logic prof., once again, brings illogical arguments to the table.. C'mon Joe..

the homosexual agenda is one that advocates special rights for their kind--some of those absurd rights very eloquently laid out/described vision2020's own g. crabtree. No group (or member of any group) deserves special rights, privileges, considerations--regardless. These special rights, in my opinion, are group rights.

Joe, there must also  be limitations placed on individual rights, especially those that are harmful, cruel, hateful, immoral etc... If we allow homosexual marriage to be legal, we are essentially mocking the institution of traditional marriage, debasing its significance--and, in my (and the majority of other's) opinion, condoning immorality. But, is this an individual rights issue anyway? The outcome of the proposed marriage makes it, by definition, a group--albeit, a small one at that. Next, people will be lobbying to marry their dog, fish, or dolphin (as evidenced by some eccentric millionaire in England)..

There's no reason this perversion can't exist; but, need we allow them to marry? And, should we allow them to be at the forefront of society, parading themselves as normal? Pushing warped ideas, such as forcing schoolchildren to be alerted to every insignificant accomplishment made by a homosexual, while studying history? In my estimation, this is bad teaching, as well as bad for society in general.

And, your use of the Preamble to support your position? What? Are we using a literal interpretation? or a living translation? Men are mentioned here, not women. Are these unalienable rights deserved by them? Anyway, it is intended to buttress the notion of individual rights--not group rights.

No evasion here.--

--Ed

--Ed