[Vision2020] Not Votng anymore-Waste of Time

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Tue May 16 20:26:38 PDT 2006

The MCA sponsored a candidate forum featuring all four candidates and I left feeling that any one of them would do a fine job. They all had interesting ideas, showed a genuine concern for Moscow and its school system, and -- most importantly -- were refreshingly frank and honest. They seemed like interesting and nice folks to boot.

Whatever problems the election system has, not voting is not the solution. The solution is to run yourself or to convince a viable candidate to run, that way our choices are increased. I applaud this year's candidates one and all for being part of the solution and not part of the problem.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Bill London <london at moscow.com> wrote:

D-
Your response is misinformed and way off the mark.
The election today is a school board election.  The four candidates are competing for two volunteer positions (as in unpaid).
The winning candidates will be forced to sit through interminable meetings, listen to mind-numbing statistics, choose alternatives that nobody likes, and deal with angry uninformed constituents -- all for the chance to help a school district that really needs direction and assistance.
My guess is that they are candidates because they care about Moscow's schools and schoolchildren.
BL