[Vision2020] Summer Reading

Ed ecooper at turbonet.com
Tue May 16 17:03:01 PDT 2006

Dan wrote:

""Smokechaser" by Warren Yahr -- memories of working the fire lookouts in
the Bungalow Ranger District"

Hey Dan, let me know what you think of the book; the setting is my old stomping grounds. Speaking of the Clearwater National Forest, and surrounding area, can anyone recommend a moderate trail (preferably one that parallels a N. Fork tributary so we can fish) in that vicinity to pack in? one too small for ORV's... My son and I want to take a 3-day or so hike in late June or July. It's been years since I've explored the trails much. Well, we do fish some of the streams in the summer while camping...and did pack up Moose creek or Kelly creek a few years back... any ideas? recommendations?

--Ed