[Vision2020] A Christian Excommunicated? Is that possible?

Corbin Bellona corbinbellona at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 10:22:25 PDT 2006

How can a Protestant church excommunicate a Christian man whose only sin is--not
  upholding "their" membership vows?  I thought that Christ said you weren't to take
  vows.  Let your yes be a yes and your no be a no.  It's not Kirker-ish, but it is biblical.
  Shouldn't they stick to the Bible?

  So, Mr. Metzler, what are they going to do to you if you still want to go to church?
  Have two NSA boys bounce you out?  And will they expect money from you, or will
  you be excluded from tithing?

  What is this Mother Kirk their letter states?  I swear to goodness I thought I was
  reading a Star Trek fanfiction piece for a minute.

  As a Christian belief, other Christians are to try and restore the brethren, not place the
   responsibility to formulate accusations on the person who's "confused."  If you know
   there is discord, fix it.  Don't excommunicate the person before he has a chance to
  come to you.  Be a man, people!  Don't hide behind the skirts of your friends, Mr.
  Doug Wilson.

  "We're, now, merely freeing you from our supposed "tyranny.""  That's appropriate.
  Sarcasm in an excommunication letter.

  What is a member in good standing to them?  Would they really be writing a letter
  of "excommunication" to someone who was in "good standing" with them?

  And I thought the Catholic Pope was the one who excommunicated.  Just what are
  you trying to confirm to us, Doug?

  --Corbin