[Vision2020] City Must Enforce Code

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 13 08:24:58 PDT 2006

>From today's (May 13, 2006) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with a special thanks
to Diane Baumgart.

City must enforce the code

In the article titled "Boardinghouse issue moves to council" in the April 25
Moscow-Pullman Daily News, I was listed as filing a complaint against three
alleged boardinghouses in my neighborhood. This is incorrect.

I have filed no complaint(s) as mentioned in the newspaper article. I have
not listed nor mentioned individual properties or owners in my neighborhood
or any neighborhood. I did speak to Moscow City Council on April 1. At this
time I did not mention or identify any properties or any property owners. I
did mention that a neighborhood meeting was held and the issue of "boarding
houses and city code" was discussed.

I did submit a petition to the Moscow City Council, mayor and Moscow city
staff. The petition urged the city and council to inform the public of the
zoning code and urged the city to enforce the code.

Diane Baumgart, Moscow

Agreed, Ms. Baumgart.

Question for our city council:  If you are not going to enforce the current
zoning code, why was it enacted in the first place.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

The right choice for the future of Latah County.

Linda Pike for County Commissioner

For details, go to http://www.LindaPike.com