[Vision2020] MiG in Lewiston

Jerry Weitz gweitz at moscow.com
Fri May 12 22:32:08 PDT 2006

The Mig in Lewiston is a Mig 21.  An ag pilot from Lewiston ,who worked in
Nigeria, brought it through Poland since Germany would not allow its
transport.  He bought an air compressor from Boeing surplus for
starting.  I first examined it about 5 years ago and have pictures.  The US
government after 9-11 has inspected it and required the owner to abandon
the rockets that are part of ejection seat.  The Mig 21 was in average
conditon  and had significant signs of high speed turn damage, and no
advanced electronics.  Parts have been problematic, however the owner
acquired parts from Nigeria since their air force had Mig 21's in their
inventory. jerry