[Vision2020] Why are we there?

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Thu May 11 17:20:32 PDT 2006

Sunli wrote: "He says 'They weren't allowed in.'  That's a lie, one he's
told at least three times.  Surely he knows the difference between full
access and entry."

He was referring to GWB allegedly lying about the weapons inspectors being
allowed to do their job in Iraq.  To most of us, "they weren't allowed in"
is not a lie if the inspectors were only allowed into the country but not
allowed to do their job.  What would be the difference?  The UN was not
demanding that the inspectors be "allowed into Iraq" on a vacation afterall.
The purpose was to inspect suspected nuclear and other WMD sites.

Sunil, I don't understand how you can make this quote and then accuse me of
playing "word games".  What do you call accusing the President of lying over
this subtle difference in wording if it isn't a word game?

As for the US establishing permanent military bases in Iraq, I will believe
it when I see it.  I don't buy into those type of conspiracy theories
lightly and so far have not seen any credible evidence of it.  We have
established military bases in countries all around the world but they were
not permanent in that they were turned over to the military of the
particular countries upon our departure.

None-the-less, I do thank you for your input as I am not close minded to
learning more.  You look for evidence and I will review it openly.  Right
now my job and family life is not allowing me to do much research on my own
but after August that will likely change.

By the way, did I mention to you how great it is to have discussion with
someone here who does not resort to name calling?  Regardless of our
differences, you sir, are a gentleman.

Thank you,

Dick S