[Vision2020] Judges 19 is not Bugs Bunny!

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Wed May 10 10:43:56 PDT 2006

Greetings:

Before I head off for the river, I thought I should respond to those who commented on my post about incest and gang rape.

If our cartoons and fairy tales had a story about a woman who was gang raped to death, and whose "husband's" only concern was his own "dishonor," who then cut up the woman's body and sent it to the 12 tribes of Israel for retribution, then I think many parents would ban the book.

Simiarly with the story of Lot.  Why is it that Lot's wife is turned to stone for simply looking back while Lot, who corrupted his daughters, gets to become a saint?  I simply don't get it.  The Biblical God does indeed work in mysterious ways.

Nick Gier