[Vision2020] Council Must Reject Rezone

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Tue May 9 22:40:45 PDT 2006

On May 9, 2006, at 9:33 PM, keely emerinemix wrote:

> Plus, Nancy was prettier than that dreary Rosalyn Carter.  That means
> a lot to me.  Because hair and makeup are so very important in my
> life.
>
> And, on a thoroughly 80s note -- does anyone know how I can get the
> 1982 song "A Million Miles Away" by the Plimsoles?  I'm having an
> 80s-nostalgia thing going . . .
>
> keely

Well, you could just ask your friend, me.  I will be happy to supply
you with a recording -- though, as a volunteer DJ, I'll have to do the
snotty DJ thing and tell you that it's the Plimsouls, not the
Plimsoles.  Sorry.  You can thump me a thimble pie when I drop off A
Million Miles Away, along with some other 80s greats by Sigue Sigue
Sputnik, Missing Persons, Kim Wilde -- you name it, sister.  I got it!

Ashes to ashes,
Funk to funky,
We know Major Tom's a junkie.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: Extra credit if any of you know what the song "Turning Japanese" is
really about.  I'll give you a hint; it's not about turning Japanese.