[Vision2020] Council Must Reject Rezone

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Tue May 9 20:44:33 PDT 2006

Sunil and Keely:

Aren't you forgetting Ronnie's wife, Nancy?  She single-handedly won
the War on Drugs with her "Just Say No" campaign and her seminal
appearance on the TV show "Different Strokes."  Of course, I think
Nancy may have won that war by attrition.  Dana Plato died of an
overdose; Todd Bridges did prison time; and Gary Colman became a
pint-sized gambling addict.

Ah, but the music!  I just loved all of that Wham! and Bananarama and
Ah-Ha.  So, yeah!  Let's go back to the Reagan eighties, that magic
time when we cut taxes for the rich while tripling the federal deficit;
cut funding for social programs and education while embarking on crazed
(and covert) military adventures in Lebanon and South America; blamed
trees for creating pollution, declared that catsup was a vegetable, and
dropped a bundle on the Star Wars missile defense program which, twenty
years later, is still in the testing phase and still doesn't work.
And, wait -- didn't our President have some sort of brain disease that
caused severe loss of memory and function?

Oh my God!  We ARE back in the eighties!  Excuse me; I have to run and
find a mirror.  I fear I may be wearing a Boy George T-shirt and have
sparkly gel in my hair.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com