[Vision2020] Re: Only the short sighted think Death Penalty MustBe Aboli...

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 20:32:47 PDT 2006

Ted,

I feel that you have missed my point again.

I am not argueing that death penalty and torture can and have been used as a
"TOOL" of a dictatorship. I would also say that taxation and education or
lack of, of our youth could also be used too. There are many tools. If you
feel we are going that route of a dictatorship, well I would disagree but
also respect your opinion. I think you might be a little paranoid on this
one Ted.

My point is how in our current society do we use this as a mean of a
dictatorship? A tool, sure I'll give you that, but our society does not use
the deathpenalty to deny any one of their rights(yes I know the not guilty
have it bad, that is why I am torn on this one). The reason for the death
penalty is to punish the guilty, not oppress anyone, or deny them their
rights, although it happens time to time.

Ted I got to say I am swaying on this issue. I would like to know what will
happen to those who will take matters into their own hands when justice is
not met, in their eyes. Will they too get life or a decreased sentence.

Take care,
MD