[Vision2020] Council Must Reject Rezone

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Mon May 8 18:11:17 PDT 2006

Kai,

Actually, they can't (put in a feedlot). The city zoning code does
not allow for feedlots. Even before last June's landowner requested
annexation, when it was in the county, city rules would have still
applied as it is in the Area of City Impact.

B. Permitted Principal Uses and
Structures:
1. Agriculture, including the raising,
harvesting, and selling of crops; on-site
storage of grain and seed; the raising
and sale of livestock or poultry;
dairying and sale of dairy products; and
other similar agricultural, horticultural,
or animal husbandry uses, excluding
feedlots with more than twenty (20)
animals.

As for purchasing the land and keeping it green space, word on the
street is Frank Bennett, who lives on the adjoining property, made
Thompson's an offer but was refused. I'm afraid I don't have Frank's
ear so have not been able to personally verify.

Mark Solomon