[Vision2020] Reciprocate Before It's Too Late

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun May 7 07:51:26 PDT 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

Now that Chris Morris, ministerial student at Christ Church's Greyfriar's
Hall, has not only praised un-Pastor-ized Doug Wilson, but also the
Unpastor's pamphlet "Southern Slavery As It Was" (claiming it to be a
factual rendering of the warm fuzzy relationships shared between southern
plantation owners and their "guests" of color), perhaps Unpastor Wilson
should reciprocate at this year's Trinity Fest.

My personal recommendation for Unpastor Wilson's reciprocation:  Instead of
singing Lynard Skynard's "Sweet Home Alabama" (a song written at a time and
place far less warm and fuzzy than that depicted in "Southern Slavery As It
Was"), how about leading the congregation in James Brown's:

"I'm Black and I'm Proud"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Im_Black_and_Im_Proud.mp3

"Now we demand a chance to do things for ourserlf
We're tired of beatin' our head against the wall
And workin' for someone else
We're people, we're just like the birds and the bees
We'd rather die on our feet
Than be livin' on our knees
Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

Unpastor Wilson:  Do this because, in your heart, you know it's right.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Once again here's a bunch of radicals attempting to force their lifestyle
on people who do not wish to recognize that lifestyle as normal.  What ever
happened to live and let live?"

- Varnel W. (March 18, 2006)