[Vision2020] Re: Only the short sighted think Death Penalty Must Be Aboli...

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Wed May 3 22:04:14 PDT 2006

ACS,

No, no, you misunderstand.  I did not say that executing the innocent  was
justified as a deterrent.  I was simply pointing out that any system
administered by fallible humans is going to result in some percentage of  errors.  I
don't believe that we should respond to this unavoidable  consequence by dumping
the entire program.  Your inclination to do exactly  that is understandable
but potentially VERY costly.  I believe that the end  result would be a far
GREATER loss of life do to recidivism.

Hope this sheds more light on my position.

Best,  --Tony