[Vision2020] Re: Only the short sighted think Death Penalty Must Be Abolised...

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed May 3 21:09:32 PDT 2006

On 5/3/06, ToeKneeTime at aol.com <ToeKneeTime at aol.com> wrote:

> Nick n Keely,
>
> You are right, in rare instances the death penalty is applied to the
> innocent.  That is the price we must pay in order to reduce violent crime.
> No system is without mistakes so long as it is administered by human beings.
>  The net number of lives saved by eliminating violent (repeat) offenders
> through capital punishment, far outweighes the number of lives lost to human
> error.  The end result is a net saving of lives through the application of
> this appropriate sanction.

This is so morally degenerate it doesn't warrant a response. What you
are telling us is that it's morally justifiable to execute the
innocent to deter the potentially guilty? How can this possibly square
with your sense of justice?

Not only is it stunningly immoral, tt's also wrong. Not even
pro-death-penalty scholarship can prove any general deterrent effect

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/php/article.php?scid=12&did=168

Take a look at the numbers. You're wrong. Being wrong on this has
consequences. Those conseuqnces are human lives. What's worse, it's
trading human lives for nothing at all -- idiotic and morally corrupt.

-- ACS