[Vision2020] Those durn liberals anyway! (and Nick)

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Wed May 3 17:35:19 PDT 2006

Thanks for the reminder Sunil,

The following article is dedicated to "Teach" Nick Gier
who still can't tell the difference

Speaking of not attacking any children....

Letting everyone know,
Doug!

Bill to Offer Anesthesia to Unborn Killed by Legislature
California Political Desk
April 25, 2006

Assemblywoman Sharon Runner's legislation voted down
in Health Committee.

Sacramento - Today in the Assembly Health Committee,
Assemblywoman Sharon Runner (R-Antelope Valley) presented
her bill to provide women with options for reducing fetal
pain suffered during abortions. After a heated discussion, AB 2512
failed passage in committee, denying any opportunity to bring
the bill before the full Assembly.

"It's quite simply the humane thing to do," Runner said about
her legislation. "I can't understand why our government provides
more protection to animals than to humans." AB 2512, the
"Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act of 2006" would give to pregnant
women, who are seeking an abortion 20 weeks after fertilization,
information on administering anesthesia to the unborn child so
that it will not experience pain during the abortion procedure.
In a prepared statement, the doctor would explain the ability of
the unborn child to experience pain and alert the pregnant
woman of possible risks associated with the drug.

Numerous studies indicate that an unborn child has the physical
structure necessary to experience pain 20 weeks after fertilization.
For this reason current law protects these children from experiencing
pain in prenatal surgery by injecting the unborn child with anesthesia.
No such statute exists with regards to unborn children during the
abortion procedure.

"Rapists and murderers on death row are given several times
the amount of barbiturates and anesthesia given to patients
getting heart surgery," Runner said. "I can't understand why
unborn children are given nothing."