FW: [Vision2020] Dear President Bush

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Wed May 3 15:33:04 PDT 2006

Ummmm, Chas?

It seems to me our founding fathers took a vote as to whether we should
speak English or German. English was chosen by a margin of one vote.
English is our national language and should remain so. Language is one thing
that can bind all of the diverse cultures in this country together.
Take a look at our northern neighbor. Bilingual. And how many times has
Quebec tried to break away? Neither the French nor English are satisfied
with the system, my Canadian relatives bellyache about it on a regular
basis.
The problem with a fruit salad is when the bowl is broken, fruit goes
rolling everywhere because there's nothing but the bowl holding it together.
With fondue it stays cohesive even if the container breaks, with far less
scattering. A union needs a common thread, besides an exterior force, to
hold it together.
(I REALLY like food analogies)