[Vision2020] LEDC board nomination deadline -urgent

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Thu Mar 30 11:24:28 PST 2006

Notice:  LEDC seeks self-nominations of candidates for new LEDC board membership.  Deadline TOMORROW, March 31, 2006.

I am sorry to pass along this information with so little time for responses by interested parties, but this forum ought to be notified and I just obtained the information from the new LEDC executive director, Margaret Howlett, for posting here.  Margaret was recently hired and was not aware of past LEDC practice of notifying Vision2020 about the opportunity to apply for membership in the LEDC Board.  She sent the press release copied below, to her press list, and notice appeared in the Daily News on March 17.

As explained below, a letter of interest must be submitted to Margaret Howlett, Executive Director, 121 Sweet Avenue, Moscow, Idaho 83848 by March 31, 2006.  I have copied her on this email, so that interested parties may email her their letter of interest, and her address is copied here as well: edc at moscow.com.

With apologies for the short notice,

Bruce Livingston
LEDC Board member

News Release

For Immediate Release

For More Information

Contact:  Margaret Howlett

LEDC Executive Director
Email:  edc at moscow.com

March 13, 2006

LEDC Seeks Board Members

Individuals who are interested in serving on the Latah Economic Development Council Board of Directors should submit a letter of application to Margaret Howlett, Executive Director, 121 Sweet Avenue, Moscow, Idaho 83848 by March 31, 2006.  Letters should include the applicants desire to serve, their skills, education and knowledge they would use to further the mission of the Organization and the reason they want to serve as a member of the Board. The Latah Economic Development Council will hold its annual Board of Directors elections on April 5, 2006.  At that time, 5 new Board Members will be elected to three year terms.

The Latah Economic Development Council's mission is to create living wage jobs in Latah County that enhance the quality of life of our communities.  Board Members are expected to become team members in this endeavor.  Board meetings take place one time per month and members are expected to participate on working committees of the Council.