[Vision2020] Insulted

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Mar 30 11:00:43 PST 2006

As a former Peace Corps Volunteer who taught successfully in facilities
almost the same as those in which our local farmers house their cattle, I
agree in part with Chasuk (below).

Of course facilities should be safe and equipped with the proper
infrastructure for teaching the subjects relevant and necessary to our
times.  They need not be more, however.

Chasuk believes that the quality of the education produced depends on the
quality of the teachers.  It does.  And also on the enthusiasm of the
teachers.

But it also depends on the quality of the students.  Student quality in turn
depends on parents/guardians to a large extent.  Without enthusiastic
parental/guardian support and participation in their children's/wards
education, even quality teachers are at a disadvantage.

One of the advantages of the neighborhood meetings/alliance approach I
suggested earlier is that it provides a mechanism to encourage continuing
parental participation in and enthusiasm for their children's education.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com