[Vision2020] Military support?

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 01:21:08 PST 2006

On 3/29/06, Matt Decker <mattd2107 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  A wake-up call from Luke AFB, Arizona:

This story actually happens to be true, as much as I suspected it to
be urban legend initially.  You might find it intriguing to know that
the author of the complaining letter did apologize:

****
Regarding "Flyby honoring fallen comrade" (Letters, June 28):

I read with increasing embarrassment and humility the response to my
unfortunate letter to The Republic concerning an Air Force flyby ("A
wake-up call from Luke's jets," Letters, June 23).

I had no idea of the significance of the flyby, and would never have
insulted such a fine and respectful display had I known.

I have received many calls from the fine airmen who are serving or
have served at Luke, and I have attempted to explain my side and
apologized for any discomfort my letter has caused.

This was simply an uninformed citizen complaining about noise.

I have been made aware in both written and verbal communications of
the four-ship flyby, and my heart goes out to each and every lost
serviceman and woman in this war in which we are engaged.

I have been called un-American by an unknown caller and I feel that I
must address that. I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran.
I love my country and respect the jobs that the service organizations
are doing.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies.

Tom MacRae, Peoria6
****