[Vision2020] Just Cleaning the Air

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 29 22:10:20 PST 2006

This may be a done deal, Matt, but questions still abound. For instance, what are the businesses where NSA students spend this money? Do you know?

I've never met you but I assume that you're white and straight in addition to being male. So am I. It is a bit too easy for us to say "if Doug wants to be ignorant and write stupid books, well thats his right." How about, "Well if Doug wants to prevent you from adopting children or marrying the woman you love, that's his right?" Does this ring equally true? I doubt it. No one has the right to prevent the rights of others.

Doug has written a book suggesting that slavery was not so bad, something less than it seemed to be, and morally justified if handled in the right way. Can you imagine how these words might hit the ear of an African-American? He is part of a general movement sweeping the nation to take away what little human rights that gays and lesbians have, and to prevent them from obtaining rights you and I take for granted. He thinks that the superiority of men over women has a biblical basis. NSA and CC have quieted the voices of many critics by writing threatening letters to their places of employment.

Again, it is a bit easy for you and I to take but for the rest of the non-white-straight-male world it does not speak highly of their ability to get along with others in the community. That is the worry. We'll see how well they do.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Matt Decker <mattd2107 at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
All,

Who cares whether NSA spends 2 mill or 2 hundred. By my estimation it could
be over 2 mill. Maybe cause I can't save a penny to save my name. Each
student spend 12 thousand in a year which could benefit Moscow businesses,
cmon thats not that hard. The point is whatever they spend benefits
business. Or is the point to kick them out of Moscow?

Look if Doug wants to be ignorant and write stupid books, well thats his
right. This NSA issue is getting out of hand. I believe some of you not only
want "them" out of the downtown area, but also out of Moscow. Furthermore,
you wont stop until you have succeded.

The facts are NSA has mostly good and some bad people within its society,
just like any other group. They Do contribute to Moscow fiscally wise. They
do take away parking spots. Some do Lie. However, can we not all get along?
If not please take it to another site.

My thought is that the CUP will be appealed, thus going to council. After
some debate, council will split with Ament, Dickinson, and Stout voting
against NSA and there request. Lambert, Weber and Pall will vote in favor,
leaving a tie for our mayor. Daa da dan da, Mayor Cheney votes against and
NSA has to move. But hey thats just my opinion.

The real test will be whether all of you will be willing to live with NSA
living in Moscow, after they have to move. My vote is that we will still be
talking about this topic.

Matt

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com