[Vision2020] freak accident

shelby shoemaker shelshoe at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 12:12:13 PST 2006

Hello, my name is Shelby Shoemaker and I am one of the directors of "Just Like Home" Children's Center where Mikey was enrolled.  It is humbling to see the community that I am so proud of being a part of reaching out to this family.  The difficult time they are going through right now is something that no parent or family should have to go through.  Having a support system is probably the only thing that gets people through this kind of tragedy.  Myself and my staff are dealing with our own grief as this family blessed us with this little boy for the past year.  Caring for children is something that I knew I always wanted to do but until something like this happens you don't realize how attached you let yourself get.  For those of you who don't know the Bedard's or little Mikey, he was the most cheerful and happy little thing that greeted us each day with a great big smile and beautiful big brown eyes.  This face is one that will never leave my thoughts and will always be in!
  my heart
 and I for one appreciate our community coming together to wrap our arms around this grieving family.  Myself, my business partner, and our staff are putting together a care package to deliver to the family on Friday along with donated funds from us and other families we serve.  Anyone is welcome to donate through us if going to Sterling isn't convenient.  Thanks again Moscow.

  Shelby Shoemaker