[Vision2020] Raffle Tickets (Idaho Sheriffs' Association)

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Wed Mar 22 11:59:58 PST 2006

Friends of Law Enforcement,

Greetings, from the Latah County Sheriff's Office.  The Idaho Sheriffs'
Association has begun its fundraiser to bring money into the Don Fortney
Scholarship Fund.  The Don Fortney Scholarship Fund was developed after
Don's death in 2002.  Don was twice past president of the ISA, served on the
ILETS board, ICRMP board, and was past president of the Idaho Association of
Counties amongst many other duties and obligations.  He participated in his
local theater group and strongly believed in supporting the community.

Each year, since the inception of the Don Fortney Scholarship Fund, the ISA
has given out scholarships to Idaho kids who are going to college.  The
decision as to the scholarship recipients is determined in June of each year
at the annual Don Fortney Scholarship Fund Golf Match.  Over $10,000 of
scholarship monies was given to our youth following the event in 2005.

The golf match this year will be at the Blue Lakes Country Club in Twin
Falls, Idaho.  Last year it was at the golf course in Worley, Idaho.
Obviously our goal is to raise more than $10,000 this year so that we can
continue our effort to give back to our young people and further their
educations.

Raffle tickets are available for $10/each at the lobby of the Latah County
Sheriff's Office.  The winner of the drawing (to be held on June 4, 2006)
will be given a choice of prizes that include a shotgun, a rifle, or a
travel voucher.

Thank you for supporting Idaho law enforcement and Idaho's youth!

--Jennifer

PIO Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson