[Norton AntiSpam] Re: [Vision2020] Borah Symposium:Three Disastrous Years in Iraq

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 21 16:30:06 PST 2006

Oh, yeah.

Dividing up Iraq between the Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds will certainly quell
any possibility of a civil war.

Somebody's been watching too much Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood and actually
believes that there will come a time very soon when all Sunnis and all
Shiites and all Kurds will gather in the center of Baghdad and sing, in
total unity, those words that so, so many of us learned in our childhood . .
.

Come on, TK, sing along . . .

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a beauty.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my neighbor?"

Now, don't you feel better?

"In America, anybody can become president.
That's one of the risks you take . . ."

- Adlai Stevenson