[Vision2020] A sad message

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sun Mar 19 13:15:56 PST 2006

Dear Visionaries:

I have some very sad news to impart.  Yesterday afternoon, Carl
Westberg's cat, Squeak, died of kidney failure at the age of 20.  He
was Carl's best pal for the better part of two decades and a true
personality.  Everyone who knew Squeak loved him, and Carl is
devastated.  For every pet owner, I believe there's one special animal,
an irreplaceable soul-mate, who enriches your life and whose loss you
cannot bear.  For Carl, that animal was Squeak.  I can only say how
sorry I am that Squeak has gone, but I know that he loved Carl to
pieces and that there was nowhere Squeak would rather have been and no
one he'd rather have spent his twenty years with than our own dear
Brother Carl.

Understandably, Carl will not be doing the radio show today.  The grief
is still far too fresh.  But I will play a song for Carl and Squeak,
one that isn't a typical song of mourning but that sums up the
relationship Carl had with this one-of-a-kind cat.  I'll be playing
Janis Joplin's "Piece of my heart."

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com