[Vision2020] mideast deja vu, again

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sat Mar 18 20:44:49 PST 2006

How could one get a reliable answer?

W.
----- Original Message -----
From: John D
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] mideast deja vu, again

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:

> Why are we still there, TK?  To reduce transportation costs when we
>"liberate" Iran, a country whose government was democratically elected
> and strongly supported by its people?

I don't think there is a high level of support for the Iranian government among the population. Does anyone have hard numbers on this?

The Iranian elections are hardly democratic, since candidates are screened by the Guardian Council:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3784765.stm#iran

Yahoo! Travel
Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com