[Vision2020] Half-Cocked on Abortion

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 16:40:01 PST 2006

Nick,

It was a JOKE, Nick.  A JOKE.  A play on words?  You know, a  reference to
premature eja..... well, you know.
Don't know if my tongue was a little too far into my cheek on that one, or
if your a little slow on the uptake....  time will tell.

You do tend rather heavily toward condescension, Dear Professor.  Too  many
years in the classroom where your every edict was law, I suppose.   Yes, I have
been civil toward you Nick, but you have chosen to reciprocate with  sarcasm
and a feigned superiority.  There really is nothing worse than an
intellectual snob...

As for abortion, I hope you don't mind if I rely on some other sources than
yourself?  To say that this practice should continue because it has been
tolerated in the past is logically bankrupt.  After all, our moral,  religious and
legal tradition upheld slavery and the subjugation of woman until  all too
recently.  Sounds like your prone to an occasional misfire  yourself, Professor.

As far as the nature of the human soul and consciousness is concerned, I
said that someday we will come to a better understanding of these things and
when /how they are encoded.  We don't yet have that knowledge.  But  then, no
doubt you've covered this brilliantly in some past paper.  One  doesn't have to
be a brain surgeon or even a philosophy professor to grasp that  a fetus is
human.  If left unmolested, it does not grow into a microwave  oven.  It does not
emerge from the womb as a chest of drawers.  It  emerges as a human being,
Nick.  A beautiful, innocent, bright eyed  baby.  That is, of course if it is
not ripped apart and tossed into a trash  can by the more callous among us...

Nice try though Professor, it sure SOUNDED impressive.

Locked and loaded,  Tony