[Vision2020] Re: Bush not the only one misled by faulty intelligence...

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 22:17:08 PST 2006

Joan,

Well, a lot to cover....  Yes, 1.5 million marched against the  war.  So
what?  This does not automatically indicate a lack of overall  support.  Could
just reflect the activity of a vocal minority.  Yep,  Osama is still free.
Again, so what?  So was Saddam until we found  him.  Bin Laden's day will come.
We now have the biggest debt in our history.  Sure do.  War will  do that to
you.  Last I checked neither George Bush or Dick Cheney flew  those planes
into the twin towers.

Now Joan, before you read the following you may want to sit down, as I'm
about to agree with you.

Ready?  I share your concern regarding the affordability of the  Medicare
prescription drug plan.  The push for this measure came initially  from the left.
 I also share your concern with regard to runaway federal  spending under
this administration.  Many conservatives share this  concern.

Bush "Whacked taxes for his rich cronies"?  C'mon Joan, that class  conscious
nonsense is really beneath someone of your obvious intellect.   The tax cuts
were applied across the board and benefited many low income  families, mine
included.  That said, I think from a fairness standpoint, we  would be better to
rely less on the income tax and more on a national sales  tax.

You say America WILL go "tits up".  I prefer to be more  optimistic.  If
economic push should ever come to shove, and we are nowhere  near such a scenario,
we have the capacity to tighten our belts considerably, on  a federal as well
as personal level.  The cup is half full Joan.

Cheers!

Best,  Tony