[Vision2020] All men are cremated equal

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Mon Mar 13 13:02:51 PST 2006

Dear Visionaries:

It's Monday morning.  Ho-hum.  Do you find that you're feeling both
humorous and morbid?  Are you perhaps wondering what happened to Brian
Keith, Sebastian, Cabot, and Anissa Jones, i.e., the dead members of
the cast of "Family Affair?"  Do you need a new and interesting T-shirt
to wear to church, something to remind yourself and your fellow
parishioners that the grave yawns six-by-six-by-three for all of us?
(Or is it six-by-six-by-four?  Or six-by-six-by-six for Pavarotti.)  If
so, then you might want to visit one or all of the following websites.
Don't ask how I happened across them.  It's a long story that begins
with my working on Auntie Establishment's latest Co-op Newsletter
column, moves on (somehow) to one of only two still-living "Family
Affair" cast members, Johnny Whitaker, and goes from there to the
aforementioned yawning grave.

http://www.findadeath.com/
http://lacstores.co.la.ca.us/acb/coroner/signpost.htm
http://www.undergroundhumor.com/tshirts.htm

You learn something new every day.  Who knew that the LA Coroner's
Office had a gift shop, or that their motto is "We're dying for your
business?"

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: The other "Family Affair" cast member to have cheated death right
up to the present day is Kathy Garver, who played Sissy.  You needed to
know that; you really did.