[Vision2020] Re: Parasite?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 12:50:51 PST 2006

"Clarification: my comment was actually designed to make a point, yours
was mere churlishness.  A blastocyst is comprised of 30-150 cells, and
occupies only the space of a single pinhead.  It isn't any more
capable of being described as "innocent" or "human" than the zit I pop
in the mirror."_CHAS

I am curious, are you saying that the value of life is determined
by its size?

_DJA

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:  On 3/12/06, ToeKneeTime at aol.com  wrote:

> My comments are no more inappropriate than was your hugely insensitive
> comment about scraping off a bit of skin getting out of the bath.  You asked
> if we should have a funeral for the "innocent" bit of skin.  Are you
> suggesting now that that was not in reference to our ongoing abortion
> debate?

Clarification: my comment was actually designed to make a point, yours
was mere churlishness.  A blastocyst is comprised of 30-150 cells, and
occupies only the space of a single pinhead.  It isn't any more
capable of being described as "innocent" or "human" than the zit I pop
in the mirror.

if you disagree with me due to religious beliefs, that's fine.
However, raising the faith flag removes the topic from non-theological
debate. Don't pretend to have rational reasons for believing something
that is really driven by faith.  For what's its worth, even when I was
a Christian, I wouldn't have considered a blastocyst a human, or
capable of innocence.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com