[Vision2020] Here's a question . . .

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sun Mar 12 13:25:22 PST 2006

Dear Visionaries:

I had planned to give up responding to Toe-Knee.  I don't mind debating
with conservatives, but I draw the line at chatting with the rabid.
The following sentences, however, from Toe-Knee's latest screed, caught
my attention:

> The so-called morning after pill is nothing less than POISON!  Pure and
> simple.  And as for CHOICE, no one has the right to choose death for
> another.

Really?  In a majority of states, a jury of 12 has the right to choose
death for another person.  An actual person.  D-E-A-D.  We're not
talking about keeping a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus
but of taking an adult (well, sometimes -- let's not forget juvenile
offenders or the mentally disabled) who has been convicted of some
particular crime and killing him or her.  So, do you support the death
penalty?  I'm guessing an emphatic yes, and that you draw a distinction
between "innocent," i.e. not yet born and "guilty," i.e. convicted by
our notoriously fair and unbiased and entirely fool-proof judicial
system.

Right.  And I have three words for you: Randall Dale Adams.  Anyone out
there ever seen Errol Morris' "The Thin Blue Line?"  It's quite an
eye-opener.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: How many of the anti-choice crowd not only oppose Plan B but also
the IUD?  Both simply prevent implantation; neither "kills" anything.