[Vision2020] Pharmacies and the morning after pill

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 12:54:13 PST 2006

On 3/12/06, ToeKneeTime at aol.com <ToeKneeTime at aol.com> wrote:

> Joan and G. Crabtree,
>
> A question regarding definitions:  Can we accurately describe a substance
> that when ingested directly results in the death of a human being,
> "medicine"?
>
> The so-called morning after pill is nothing less than POISON!  Pure and
> simple.  And as for CHOICE, no one has the right to choose death for
> another.

This is profoundly untrue. The "morning-after pill" is not the same
thing as RU-486. The morning-after pill is essentially a
double-strength dose of birth control, which does two things: prevents
egg implantation and suppresses ovulation. Even if the mechanism was
the creation of a "hostile uterus," the fate of that fertilized egg
would be the same as the fate of 66% of fertilized eggs: failed
implantation.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/editorialcommentary/story/4AF83CC708CF26F18625712A00025DE4?OpenDocument

Check your facts before spouting bull, and check your dictionary for
the definition of 'ad hominem'.

-- ACS