[Vision2020] yet more of the same

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 8 11:54:27 PST 2006

Hi Joe & Other Visionaries:

I hate to disagree, but I'm not sure that Tony Simpson *is* using a false
name.  I have a policy of not responding to those who obviously don't have
the courage to sign their real names on V2020, and I thought at first
ToeKneeTime was one of those.  But, when challenged by Tom Hansen (IIRC), he
responded with information and explained that he was new to computers &
V2020 and wasn't sure of the protocol.

Of course, he could have been lying, but I have no reason to make such an
assumption.  So, based on what he'd posted, I asked him some questions --
twice -- on V2020:
"Can you please tell us, Mr. Simpson, are you the same Tony Simpson who has
had many letters published in the Lewiston Tribune?  Are you the same Tony
Simpson who unsuccessfully ran for Lewiston City Council back in the 1990s?
Are you the same Tony Simpson who lives in Lewiston?

If so, I'm curious as to why you've decided to turn your attention to
Moscow's V2020?  Certainly, we have participants who don't currently live in
Moscow, in Latah County, or even in Idaho, but AFAIK and other than our
periodic trolls, they've been upfront about that fact and have some ties to
our community.

Oh . . . one other question:  why did you include Dale Courtney as the
recipient of your last email . . . "

To date, he's not answered my questions, but I think that's because he
doesn't want to 'fess up to being the Lewiston Tony Simpson . . . and I
can't say as I blame him  :-)

Here's one of many Letters to the Editor Tony Simpson has submitted to the
Lewiston Trib.  This one ran 11-24-2002:

"Tyrannical advice

Tsk, tsk, tsk.  Charise Shively of Albion is in a snit because I dared to
use the terms "darlin' " and, gasp! "baby" in one of my letters to this
paper [letter, Nov. 17].  The outrage!  Why you'd think I had called her a
Nazi, or suggested that she wanted to starve children or see senior citizens
subsisting on Alpo.  All, mind you, charges that the intolerant left has
repeatedly made against Republicans on this page over the years.

You can dish it out but you can't take it -- is that it, Charise?

Look, this is a rough-and-tumble forum provided and maintained for the
community by folks with a genuine respect for the First Amendment.  But hey,
what the hell do they know?  Maybe we ought to follow your tyrannical advice
and censor out all letters that offend the tender sensibilities of Charise
Shively.  We could then change the name of this paper to Pravda and you
would no longer be troubled by the views of those with whom you disagree.

And I take exception to your charge that I view women as helpless sex
objects.  That is not necessarily so.  Take you, for instance, Charise.
Judging from your letter, you are obviously a well-educated and highly
articulate sex object.

Tony Simpson
Lewiston"

What do you think -- sound familiar?  Kind of fits, huh?

Oh, and remember his rant here about the Lewiston Tribune "spiking" his
letters?  He had one published as recently as Christmas Day.  Perhaps he
thinks he should have his own column?  Based on what I've read on V2020 and
in his letters to editor, I'd say the Lewiston Trib has shown *much* better
judgment in not providing him one than the Daily News  ;-)

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****