[Vision2020] PDSC March Events & Chaos

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Mar 7 15:34:11 PST 2006

Here is a list of the March events at Palouse Discovery Science

Roger
Hi,
Attached you will find a Word 2003 document highlighting some of our March science
activities. You can also find this information on our Calendar web page at
http://www.palousescience.org/pages/events.asp?PageID=24
These events are free to current Palouse Discovery Science Center members.
--------------------------
Also this month we are hosting an intriguing class entitled, "Chaos Theory for Everyone!"
The class costs $25 and will meet at the Science Center from 9-12 on Saturday, March 18.
1) An hour-long lecture on a popular and universally-accessible level, discussing chaos
theory, the "butterfly effect", and fractals.
2) A 45-minute in-class group activity, using simple hand-held calculators (provided).
3) A group discussion on the larger connections between chaos theory and culture.
"Chaos theory is changing our very understanding of how the world works, on a fundamental
level. Many natural and human-made events are much less predictable or controllable than
previously thought."
--------------------------
Enjoy,

Mark Goddard, Executive Director
Palouse Discovery Science Center
2371 NE Hopkins Ct.
Pullman, WA 99163
509-332-6869

If you do not want to receive emails regarding the Palouse Discovery Science
Center please send an email toadmin at palousescience.org with "unsubscribe" in
the "Subject: " header.
Roger Falen
Research Support Scientist