[Vision2020] The Super Wal-Mart thing . . .

Area Man areaman at moscow.com
Mon Mar 6 06:57:05 PST 2006

Let me preface this by saying I'm neither "for" nor "against" a super
Wal Mart coming to town.  Not yet, anyway.  I do look forward to seeing
how this plays out, though, and moving forward.

I keep seeing the "only 11 miles apart" regarding the proposed Moscow
and Pullman Super Wal Marts.  I just got to thinking about other places
that  are "only 11 miles apart":

- Moscow Safeway and Pullman Safeway;
- Chipman-Taylor Chevrolet and Karl Tyler (nee Nelson) Chevrolet;
- Paradise Ford (Moscow) and Jess Ford (Pullman);
- Wysup Chrysler/Dodge (Pullman) and Baggott Motors (Palouse);
- Moscow Auto Body Supercenter and Pullman Auto Body Supercenter;
- J&L Radio Shack (Moscow) and DLH Radio Shack (Pullman);
- Moscow Building Supply and Pullman Building Supply;
- Beedy Napa (Pullman) and Boyce Napa (Moscow);

I won't even go into restaurants.

Yes, I realize none of them are the largest retailer in the world, but
if we have enough people to support that many car dealers . . .

Just food for thought.

DC