[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show (March 5, 2006)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 5 17:20:34 PST 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

This afternoon's show, although not likely to be mentioned on this evening's
Academy Awards Show, was definitely not worth missing.

After a trio of songs dedicated to Phil Nisbet, a recently silenced voice of
Moscow's Vision 2020, Auntie and Bro "C" commenced to lampoon President Bush
and Dick Cheney, while generously flavoring the show with an excellent
selection of music.

Those of you who failed to tune in, possibly due to a post-Mardi Gras
hangover, may download the show from:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Auntie_Establishment_and_Brother_Carl

Aside from this afternoon's show I would like to make a couple dedications
myself:

1)  Posthumously to Phil:  Your opinions, although criticized by many
(including myself), have served to provide backbone and strength to the
Vision 2020 "soap box".  This is only Sunday and already your voice is
missed.  Although I am not Jewish, this one's for you, Phil:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Sounds/Shalom_Aleikhem.mp3

2)  To the Bush Administration:  A song that was my personal mantra as I
involved myself with the SDS (Students for a Democratic Society) in the mid-
to late 60s (right up to the day I enlisted - strange, but true).  Over the
decades since the sixties, I never thought this song would graduate to the
level of "appropriateness" that it enjoyed back then.  At least that's my
opinion . . . for what it's worth.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Sounds/What_Its_Worth.mp3

"There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear