[Vision2020] His Memory is Faulty

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 5 09:58:25 PST 2006

>From today's (March 5, 2006) Lewiston Tribune) with a special thanks to Dr.
Nick Gier -

His memory is faulty

In his letter (Feb. 19) Roy Atwood, president of New Saint Andrews College,
claims that he once constructively engaged me on the issues of NSA
accreditation and [Doug] Wilson's slavery booklet.

I have saved all my e-mail correspondence with Atwood, and I beg to differ
about the nature of his response. It consists mainly of calling names and
ends with a promise never to communicate with me again. I urged Atwood to
clarify his statements about NSA accreditation, but he refused to do so.

In April 2003, NSA attorney Greg Dickison testified before the Latah County
commissioners that the college was duly accredited. You can hear Dickison's
voice at:

www.tomandrodna.com/temp/NSA_Accred.mp3

In a letter to the Moscow-Pullman Daily News May 23, 2003, Atwood made the
same claim. The problem, of course, is that NSA did not receive its
accreditation until Nov. 29, 2005.

Tom Garfield, principal of Wilson's Logos School, also charged me with
untruths. A friend helped me find an image of Robert E. Lee's portrait in a
Logos classroom that Garfield said they did not own. A local band and former
church members confirmed the display of the Confederate flag at school
functions, something that Garfield also denied.

There are well-qualified students at Logos and NSA and some competent
faculty as well, just as there are good, decent people who attend Wilson's
Christ Church. One can usually spot these people because they frequently
speak of Wilson's goal of achieving truth, goodness and beauty.

These fine folks need to be reminded that their leaders have not always told
the truth, that condoning slavery is not good, and that calling for the
execution of homosexuals is just plain ugly.

Nick Gier
Moscow

I agree 100%, Dr. Gier.

The vast majority of complaints are not being lodged against the students of
NSA or Logos School.  The complaints deal with "management".

For example:  From the film "My Town", Wilson answers the question "Who
should be permitted to vote?".

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Sounds/Wilson_on_Voting.mp3

Which brings us to this week's "Who is Talking Now?" #3:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Sounds/3.mp3

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"A bad cause will ever be supported by bad means and bad men."

- Thomas Paine (English Writer, 1737-1809)