[Vision2020] A Tribute to Phil Nisbet

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 4 21:07:45 PST 2006

Visionaries:

I'm just catching up on the Vision and I was shocked to hear of Phil's passing.  I am so glad that I got to meet him at the potluck.  Thinking back to that night I guesed he was 50, but now I read in the Daily News that he was 49.  And I had heard about sons, but I didn't realize that there were three.  What a tremendous loss from them, but what a wonderful role model for them to remember and emulate.  My heart goes out to them.

Even though I disagreed with him on many things, I would have to describe his mind and writing as brilliant.  He is right up there among the best informed and most articulate conservative/libertarian spokesmen.  I will miss his voice on this list, and the memory of his solid critiques and stings will keep me on my toes.

He was passionate about what he believed and defended himself admirably and with gusto.

I guess I won't have to find that post that started the quantum mechanics debate.  His response there was vintage Phil: thoroughly researched and beautifully written.

This list will be less enlightening and exciting without him.

May he find peace,

Nick Gier