[Vision2020] travios trees destroyed

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 06:28:32 PDT 2006

That IS sad. I remember when the houses were first
built, thinking living by the highway would be not so
great. Through the years, while taking walks from my
home on the eastside, I would frequenly walk up that
way, and see how much the little strip park has
matured into a lovely park. A pity the "powers that
be"  at Avista don't see it that way. Is there no way
to stop them from cutting the trees down?

Janesta

--- bill bonte <bbonte at moscow.com> wrote:

> As I write this the character of one of Moscow's
> gems, a linear park
> along Travois Way is being changed.
>
> The pine trees which line the path from Tidyman's
> parking lot west to
> Steiner are being removed so
> that they do not interfere with the powerlines
> above.  The trees have
> provided shade and shelter for
> wildlife along the Highway 8 corridor.  They provide
> a visual and
> sound screen for the homes to the south
> of Travois.  It is a shame to see these mature pines
> being cut down.
>
> It seems that the trees could have been trimmed.
> This is a case
> where the one time expense of removing
> the trees is less than that of periodic trimming.  I
> guess Avista can
> call the shots and cut down the trees.

>  List services made available by First Step
> Internet,

Janesta Carcich

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.”

~ Coretta Scott King ~
1927-2006

***Because I am finding my words on the blogs of organizations I do not support***

~~~~~ Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Janesta Carcich ~~~~~

~~~~~ Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020
             forum without the express written permission of the author~~~~~