[Vision2020] travios trees destroyed

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 29 17:29:55 PDT 2006

I leave near this area and it is very sad. But I can talk about 2 or 3 similar examples in the same area.

Here is another example where low cost and convenience has a heavy price.

--
Joe Campbell

---- bill bonte <bbonte at moscow.com> wrote:

=============
As I write this the character of one of Moscow's gems, a linear park
along Travois Way is being changed.

The pine trees which line the path from Tidyman's parking lot west to
Steiner are being removed so
that they do not interfere with the powerlines above.  The trees have
provided shade and shelter for
wildlife along the Highway 8 corridor.  They provide a visual and
sound screen for the homes to the south
of Travois.  It is a shame to see these mature pines being cut down.

It seems that the trees could have been trimmed.  This is a case
where the one time expense of removing
the trees is less than that of periodic trimming.  I guess Avista can
call the shots and cut down the trees.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com