[Vision2020] Coulter's Show-Biz Politics Represent Few

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Thu Jun 29 09:32:23 PDT 2006

Thanks for nothing to the friend who forwarded me Dick Sherwin's latest
maliciousness. Thanks, but please don't do it again. I have him Bozo
Filtered for a reason...mostly that I hate to stoop to a response. I'm
old and creaky, and it's really difficult to go down to his gutter level,
though a good sense of decency generally helps me get back up before the
stench gets to me.
Many people, not just Liberals, detest Ann Coulter because she has made
herself into a nasty, insensitive, fundamentally stupid, vapid boor. She
is more interested in sensationalizing and insulting than in telling any
kind of truth. That Dick is a fan is no surprise. He appears to share
many characteristics with her...including an inability to find a stopping
place for viciousness.

It truly is interesting that Dick needs to spend his CPU time with Moscow
folks. Doesn't anyone in the Valley listen to him anymore? Did they ever?
Dick offers nothing new or interesting, just keeps recycling his
preconceptions and stereotypes as a means to whine about the unfairness
of it all---it all being Dick's lack of standing in the big, bad world.

To the friend who forwarded DickAll to me, let's stay friends. Don't do
it again!!!
Debi R-S

Debi R-S

> ANN COULTER ROCKS!!!!!  Tom Thumb is no Republican, he is a dyed in the
wool
> liberal.  Liberals hate Ann because she tells the truth about them and
they
> can find no where to hide from it.  Ann may not be a mainstream
Republican
> but she is much closer to it than Tom Thumb ever was, or ever will be.
>
> Tom is, and will remain, a whinny-tit liberal.  Liberals hate the fact
they
> don't have a spokesman like Ann on their side.  The closest they can
come to
> it is the pathetic Michael Moore...  Of course they think it is funny
when
> Moore calls names and goes on with his "Bush lied" theme of crap that he
> can't support.
>
> The reason liberals can't come up with a legitimate speaker like Ann
Coulter
> is because without the truth behind such a person, they lack legitimacy.
> Without facts, no one wants to listen to the whinning and sobbing of a
bunch
> of loosers.
>
> Stick to molesting the birds, Tom Thumb.  You are much better at that
than
> politics.
>
> Dick.....

Republicans. I
> > could blame cable television, but it is tough to blame cable for
> preferring
> > long-legged blond female Republicans to balding middle-age guys like
me.
> > They sure make for better-looking TV.
> >
> > To me, Ann Coulter's exercise of her right to free speech is the
political
> > equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded theater. She crosses the line
of
> > decency. To me, individuals who engage in name-calling and hate
speech to
> > get attention, sell books, increase speaking fees and feather their
own
> > nests, are speaking for themselves, not any political party.
> >
> > My problem is the popular presumption that she represents the
Republican
> > Party. We all get painted with her tainted brush. As a result, the
popular
> > perception holds Republicans are against almost everything from
abortion
> > homosexuals. And nasty about it to boot. I feel safe in saying that
the
> vast
> > majority - I would guess all but one - of Republicans is not against
> > grieving widows created by the worst crime ever committed against
America.

> > I once worked for a senior Reagan administration appointee back in the
> 1980s
> > who used to say of the right wing - "they like to look good losing."
> > Translation: They'd rather go down defending their principles than
by - as
> > democratic government is supposed to do - finding a compromise that
makes
> > progress for the majority.
> >
> > That trend of digging in on principle started back then. And, 20 years
> > later, all Republicans are defined by what I believe is a minority of
> > Republicans.
> >
> > To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen, I have to tell you: "I know some
Republicans.
> [...]
> > political beliefs, sad to say, but she is not representative of the
> > majority."
> >
> > I have talked to a lot of Republicans, including some very young ones
and
> > many - a vast majority of those I spoke with, in a non-scientific
way -
> are
> > pro-choice. They aren't anti any group or way of life. I know plenty
who
> > believe government can be a solution - as long as it solves
something, and
> > gets out of the way once the solution takes hold. We have been,
though,
> > outshouted and, yes, outworked by the most right wing among us. Why?
> > Articulating the extreme won us elections.
> >
> > One might say, well, Republicans won elections, which shows the rabid
> right
> > is the majority view. I beg to differ. The country is more right-of-
center
> > than left. Which means right-leaning politicians will win more often
than
> > left-leaning - especially in national elections.
> >
> > I also think the electorate is about to say: "Enough! We want things
> > happen. We want to see you all work together. Disagree, sure. That's
> > healthy. But get some things done!"
> >
> > By the way, that doesn't mean the Democrats take over. It means the
voters
> > will be more discerning and look for candidates who will be
reasonable in
> > office - on both sides of the aisle.
> >
> > When this all began, it gave us people like Ronald Reagan - who knew
how
> > run a government in a way that made progress for the people. He knew
how
> > work with Tip O'Neill, his ideological opposite, and O'Neill knew how
> > work with him. They did the politics. And they did the governing. And
at
> > night, they had a drink and a few laughs together.
> >
> > Today, it seems our elected officials - on both sides of the aisle -
are
> > more focused on the politics than on the governing. Like our business
> > leaders for too many years were focused on the next quarter rather
than
> the
> > next year, our political leaders are focused on the next election,
not the
> > next generation.
> >
> > Rockefeller Republicans were never "sexy" to the media. "Moderates"
don't
> > shout. Moderates by their nature are under the radar. They are not too
> > anything. Just like most people. Most of us are not nearly as good TV
as
> Ann
> > Coulter.
> >
> > Here's my point: Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush
Limbaugh