[Vision2020] Where's the parking

Craine Kit kcraine at verizon.net
Wed Jun 28 13:17:08 PDT 2006

I have wondered why the rezone was for the Central Business (CB)
district, rather General Business (GB), which is the one Gritman is
in. Could it be because CB does not require onsite parking while GB
does? Could P&Z have even required parking mitigation if they
recommended CB?

The Central Business district does not require off-street parking
mainly because it is impracticable--the buildings are in place. In a
redevelopment, onsite parking should be required--if for no other
reason that granting handicapped individuals the privileged of
parking near retail space.

Kit